We will be moving outside to our summer home at the Comox Valley Exhibition Grounds (4893 Headquarters Rd) on April 3, 2021. For the first few weeks we will be at the Kin Hut Field located beside the Curling Rink so that our usual field has a chance to dry up. As always we will be open from 9 AM – 1 PM. Stay tuned for more details.
Outdoor Market COVID-19 Measures
As COVID-19 cases are on the rise in British Columbia and on Vancouver Island we wanted to remind everyone about the COVID-19 protocols we have in place to minimize risks:
1. Do not attend the market if you or someone in your household or cohort group is sick, is experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 and has not been cleared by your health authority, have been in close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 or have traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
2. Vendors are required under the Provincial Health Officer Orders issued on March 18, 2021 to either have a physical barrier installed, have protocols in place to ensure 2m physical distancing at their stalls or wear a mask.
3. Customers are encouraged to wear masks even though we are outside, as there may be instances particularly in and around vendors stalls where 2m physical distancing is not always feasible.
4. Customers, vendors and staff are encouraged to wash or sanitize hands frequently and following recommended guidelines. There are multiple sanitizing stations throughout the market, including one at the entrance and exit.
5. Customers are encouraged to “Shop NOT Stop“
6. Pets (other than service pets) are not permitted
7. Consider pre ordering product from your favorite vendor. This ensures that you will be able to get the product you want and will help speed up vendor/customer transactions. You can shop using our online store or find contact information for vendors not using the online store on our website under the Vendors Tab (cvfm.ca).
8. Customers should maintain a 2m physical distance while at the market, including waiting in line to enter the market area or to purchase their products.
9. Customers are encouraged to ask vendors to help you with your items and to only touch items you are intending on purchasing.
10. Customers are asked to follow signage throughout the market this includes a one way clockwise flow of traffic in the field, avoiding touching products you are not intending to buy, no congregating and taking ready to eat concession food and drinks outside of the market area or home to enjoy
11. Respect direction given by staff as the are doing their best to ensure a safe environment for patrons to shop
We know and understand that these protocols may not be ideal for some but we are taking a layered approach of protection to minimize risk so that we are able to remain open. Keeping our community safe is important to us. These measures are only temporary, there is light at the end of the tunnel and soon enough we will be back to the market that we know and love . Until then thank you for doing your part to keep us safe and for supporting local.
Welcome to our new Online Farmers’ Market.
This online platform is meant to compliment our “on the ground” farmers market, not replace it.
During COVID-19 our online market is especially important to keep the residents of the Comox Valley and beyond supplied with fresh, local and nutritionally dense food. Although our store is operational, we are still working with vendors to make sure all your favorite products are available.
Please be patient as we bring our vendors and their products on board and work out some kinks such as delivery locations and dates. As we make changes, we will keep you updated. If the product you are looking for is not available in the Online Store contact the vendor directly to make other arrangements. Vendor contact information is located HERE. Happy Shopping!
We have a variety of markets throughout the year in different locations in Courtenay and Cumberland including a year-round Saturday market and seasonal summer markets. Each of these markets offers customers an unique experience.
Looking for a vendor? Want to donate to our New Farmer Bursary Fund? Need a bag? Need Market Tokens? Lost something? Have a suggestion? Please let us know. The Market staff and volunteers can help you; they are located at the market tent which is located near the musician stage.
Vendor Location Maps
Want to know where your favourite vendor is located? Check out our location maps below. You can click on the vendor location dot and find out more information about that specific vendor. Note that these maps are linked to another program that is used to create the vendor location information and is automatically updated to the website at various times though the process and as a result you may not be viewing the map the represents the vendors that will actually be at the market. The final map will be active by 5 pm the night before the market so you will have time to plan out your market day. Happy Shopping!
This is our biggest and longest running market. In the peak of the summer season we can have seventy plus vendors. View the vendor location map before you come to the market to find out which vendors will be there.
Wednesday Market (Downtown Courtenay)
4 PM -7 PM June 16, 2021 to September 1, 2021
England Avenue (between 4th and 5th Street)
Our mid-week market was started in 1997 to give farmers another venue to sell their crops that needed to be harvested during the week. This market has changed location and hours several times since it started but is currently located in Downtown Courtenay. This year we are partnering with the Comox Valley Arts Council and the Downtown Courtenay Business Improvement Association to run the Downtown Courtenay Summer Street Market. View the vendor location map before you come to the market to find out which vendors will be there.
Sunday Market (Cumberland)
10 AM – 1 PM June 19, 2021 to September 12, 2021
Village Square Cumberland
Our newest market started in 2016 in a green space right on the main street in a green space between the Cumberland Village Bakery and the Wandering Moose Café on Dunsmuir Avenue. There are approximately eleven to fifteen weekly vendors with great variety of veggies and fruit, meat, pies, hemp snacks and hempscream, healthy body products, mushrooms, wine and so much more. View the vendor location map before you come to the market to find out which vendors will be there.