The Comox Valley Farmers’ Market has been providing fresh, local and nutritionally dense food to the Comox Valley and beyond since 1992. Summer is our busiest time of the year as we have one year-round market and 2 summer seasonal markets operating. There are a lot of activities that happen behind the scenes to make the markets run smoothly. In order to complete all of this we rely on volunteers to make the magic happen.
We don’t require a large time commitment, an hour or two at the most gets the job done. Some of the volunteer tasks include set up, tear down, Market Information Booth Customer Service; Kids Activity Table, Parking, Special Events, Recycling Program and more. For the Saturday Market Volunteers shifts are typically 7:30 AM -9:30 AM; 9:30 AM-11:30 AM or12:00 PM-2:00 PM, for the Wednesday Market the shifts are typically 2:00 PM- 4 PM or 4:30 PM-6:30 PM and for the Sunday Market the shifts are typically 9:00 AM-11:00 AM and 12:00 PM- 2:00 PM. These hours are fairly flexible and can be modified to fit any schedule. All of the jobs can be done outside in the fresh air and in an open area where there is ample room for physical distancing.
There are several perks to volunteering:
- Purchase market products before the opening bell
- After every 10 hours of volunteering receive $20 in market tokens
- For each shift volunteered in a month you will be entered to win $50 in market tokens
- 25% discount on CVFM Merchandise (ex t-shirts, bags) while volunteering
1. Be at least 16 years old
2. Be able to commit to at least six two-hour shifts over a 2 month period
You can start volunteering at anytime.
Click the link below to apply!
Stay in Touch
Join our newsletter