On October 31, 2020 we will be moving to the Native Sons Hall + Parking Lot for our Fall/Winter market season. In order to accommodate our COVID-19 measures, there will be vendors inside the Grand Hall (main floor of the Native Sons Hall) as well as in the parking lot.
The market layout inside has changed significantly from previous years to ensure that there is sufficient room for physical distancing. This includes reducing the number of vendors in the Hall from approximately 50 to just over 20. As the market is moving to a smaller space that includes an indoor area, it is the expectation that masks will be worn by all in this public space. All the other COVID -19 measures that were in place at the CV Exhibition Grounds will be in place at the Native Sons Hall.
Below are some things to consider prior to arriving to our indoor/outdoor Fall/Winter market:
- If you or members in your household are sick do not attend market. STAY HOME if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, fatigue, nausea and vomiting, new muscle aches or headaches or GI symptoms. You can find the BC COVD-19 Self-Assessment Tool using this link: https://bc.thrive.health/
- Based on information provided by the PHO on October 27, 2020, it is expected that everyone (vendors, staff and customers) will wear a non-medical mask or face shield while at the Fall/Winter Market venue. As space is limited in the outdoor portion of the market, the mask are also expected in this area as well.
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently and following recommended guidelines. There are multiple sanitizing stations throughout the market, including one at the entrance and exit. There is also a washroom available for handwashing.
- Dogs and other pets are prohibited (This applies to both Customers and Vendors)
- Although all vendors do take cash and market tokens, customers are encouraged to use contactless payment whenever possible.
- Consider pre ordering product from your favorite vendor. This ensures that you will be able to get the product you want and will help speed up vendor/customer transactions. You can shop using our online store or find contact information for vendors not using the online store on our website under the Vendors Tab (cvfm.ca).
- To minimize risk and increase physical distancing, market staff will be restricting the number of customers in the market area. Although line ups may look long, they move quite quickly.
- Customers should maintain a 2m physical distance while at the market, including waiting in line to enter the market area or to purchase their products.
- Customers are encouraged to Shop not Stop
- Customers are encouraged to have one designated shopper per household or cohort group when possible.
- Customers are encouraged to ask vendors to help you with your items and to only touch items you are intending on purchasing.
We ask for your patience and understanding as information pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic is fluid and we may have to change our procedures on short notice.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide updates as necessary. Check for the latest updates on our website and social media channels.
For the most up to date information join our newsletter and check out our social media channels regularly.