We are hiring for a part time Market Coordinator for our summer seasonal markets!
The Comox Valley Farmers’ Market Association has been bringing fresh, local nutritionally dense food to the Comox Valley and beyond for 28 years. We are committed to promoting the economic health of the local farm and food community, to providing quality locally grown farm products, to educating the community in agricultural issues and to promoting and supporting local agriculture.
We are looking for a passionate, community-oriented and energetic individual to join our team as a Market Coordinator to help with operations, both in the office and on the field, at our year round Saturday Market as well as our seasonal Sunday and Wednesday Markets. Although this position can be performed by one individual, there is opportunity to split the job amongst more than one.
The ideal candidate (s):
- is a people person
- is passionate about local food, food security or local agriculture
- is community oriented
- Is organized and detail oriented
- has excellent customer service skills
- is comfortable taking direction
- works well in team environment
- is comfortable with technology including computers, texting, email, social media and software such as MS Excel and Word
- a valid First Aid (Level 1) certificate
- a valid Market Safe of Food Safe certificate
- a valid Class 5 Drivers License (in good standing)
- be capable of towing, parking and securing a trailer (if needed)
- be capable of walking up to 5 km over a 6-hour period
- be capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- is comfortable with handling cash
The Market Coordinator position is part time (approximately 16-20) hour per week, including weekends) and runs from mid June to mid October. The CVFMA will cover all WCB as well as Employer portions of EI, CPP and other payroll deductions.
How to Apply: Email your resume, including a minimum of 2 references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Resumes will be accepted until 12: PM on Tuesday June 2, 2020
We thanks all applicants for their interest in the Comox Valley Farmers’ Market we will be conducting interviews between June 2-June 5, 2020.
For more information click here for the full Job Description.