COVID-19 Update_ March 19, 2020
As you know we are currently in a state of constant change related to COVID-19. We appreciate your patience as we navigate through all this change. First and foremost, we want you to know that everyone’s safety is top of mind. Any decision relating to market operations during COVID-19 is made with everyone’s best interest and with guidance from local, provincial and federal authorities. Effective this Saturday March 21, 2020 the market will move from the Native Sons Hall to the Comox Valley Exhibition Grounds (4839 Headquarters Rd; parking by the curling rink). Our hours will remain the same (9 AM – 1 PM).
To keep the market and its vendors, staff and customers safe we will be implementing the several temporary measures. We understand that these measures maybe inconvenient for some but appreciate your cooperation so we can continue to supply the Comox Valley will local nutritionally dense food.
- If you are sick STAY HOME.
- Wash hands frequently and following recommended guidelines. There will be hand washing stations in the market field.
- Vendors will not be able to offer samples of their products at this time as sampling of food and body care products has been discontinued.
- Dogs and other pets are prohibited. (Note: Once we are back to normal dog will be permitted).
- Vendors will be reducing the handling of money. Consider paying using contactless payments (Debit/Credit card) or if the vendors are comfortable with it, E-transfer.
- Consider pre ordering product from your favourite vendor. This ensures that you will be able to get the product you want and will help speed up vendor/customer transactions. You can find contact information our vendors on our website under the Vendors Tab (cvfm.ca).
- We will be restricting the number of customers in the market area. Please be prepared to line up, if necessary, at the entrance for a short period of time while keeping a 2m physical distance from your fellow market patrons.
- While in the market we encourage customer to maintain a 2m physical distance while waiting to purchase their products.
- Encouraging customers to make their trip to the market less of a social event and more of a grocery run.
- We will be sanitizing high traffic areas frequently and encourage customers to use the hand washing stations.
- Although there are washroom facilities on site, they will NOT be open to the public.
- Customers are encouraged to ask vendors to help you with your items and to only touch items you are intending on purchasing.
We are all in this together and together we will get through it!
Thanks for supporting local.
The Board, Staff and Vendors of the Comox Valley Farmers’ Market