The Comox Valley Farmers' Market Association (CVFMA) board of directors is seeking skilled leaders and local food and farm supporters that want to have a role in shaping the future of Farmers' Markets in the Comox Valley.
We are a growing non-profit directed by 9 member volunteer board. Our organizational team includes an Executive Director, Market Manager, Bookkeeper and a fabulous team of volunteers. We run a year round Saturday Market, plus an additional 2 weekly markets peak season. We are looking for folks who are interested in furthering the goals of the CVFMA:
- To promote the economic health of the local farm community,
- To provide quality locally grown farm products,
- To educate the community in agricultural issues, and
- To promote local agriculture.
The 2017 CVFMA annual general meeting is just around the corner, and the board of directors is inviting interested persons to nominate themselves.
If you are passionate about BC farmers’ markets and would like to contribute your expertise and time to serve on the BCAFM board, please consider this exciting opportunity.
Board of Directors of the Comox Valley Farmers’ Market Association
1. Call for Nominations (January, 2017 – March 11, 2017
CVFMA invites its members and supporters to apply to run in the annual Board of Directors’ election. The call for nominations will remain open during this period to ensure this information package and the search for new board directors reaches as many potential candidates as possible. Please feel free to share.
2. Candidate list will be confirmed and provided to members by March 13
The election will be held at the CVFMA AGM, March 16, 2017. Results will be announced immediately.
Eligibility: To qualify for election as a director, a person must be a member of the CVFMA. If you are interested, and not currently a member please contact the Executive Director (below) for how to become a member. You do not have to be a vendor to be a member of the Association or a director.
For 2017, the BCAFM Board is seeking board directors with the following skills and experience:
- Non - profit board experience;
- Social enterprise experience
- Fundraising, sponsorship development experience
- Skills in small business and business development
- Accounting or finance
- Agrology, Agriculture
- Event Production
- Marketing, promotion, design
- Website development/design
Please email our executive director Vickey Brown at email@example.com for an application form!